Pest Control FAQ’s
Common Questions About Pest Control
- Why should I hire a professional to get rid of pests?
- What type of health risks are associated with pests?
- If my neighbor has pests, could it affect my home?
- Why do I need to have my home inspected before you can give me a price?
- How much does a re-treatment cost?
- I have tried all types of sprays and “bombs” to get rid of roaches. What else can I do?
- I can see bees drilling holes into my house. What types of bees are they and can they sting me?
Pest management professionals are carefully educated, trained and certified to handle the various pest issues that you will find in and around your home. At Brandon, our technicians are trained in the safe handling and proper application of materials used to eliminate or prevent pests. Plus they know where to look and how to recognize specific pest problems.
Here are some important things to consider when choosing a pest control company:
- Look for a known, experienced company with knowledgeable and professionally trained representatives and a reputation for quality, like Brandon.
- Ask friends and associates to recommend companies they use or have used.
- Look for members of state and national industry associations such as the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) that provide ethical guidelines and technical information.
- Be certain the company is licensed by your state’s regulatory agency.
Pests can transmit a number of potentially serious diseases, illnesses and allergies.
- Cockroaches: Asthma, allergies, and food poisoning
- Ticks: Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Fleas: Dermatitis, murine typhus and bubonic plague
- Rodents: Hantavirus Pulmonary syndrome, murine typhus, salmonella and rat-bite fever
- Mosquitoes: West Nile Virus, encephalitis, malaria
- Fire Ants: Severe allergic reactions including anaphylactic shock
- Bees/Wasps/Yellowjackets: Severe allergic reactions including anaphylactic shock
An inspection would be necessary to determine the pest pressure at your property and the sources of infestation.
No two homes or pest problems are exactly alike and neither are their treatments. That’s why we thoroughly inspect your home – inside and outside. We then design a program customized for your situation.
Retreats are absolutely free.
Cockroaches are very difficult to control because a broad variety of things contribute to their survival such as food, water and shelter. Aerosol bombs are not very effective in controlling cockroaches but Brandon service professionals are expert in controlling cockroaches and other pests.
The bees you are describing sound like carpenter bees. They bore into wood to nest and lay eggs. They are not very aggressive, and the male (white spot on face) does not sting. There isn’t a lot that can be done to prevent this from happening however it is important to treat the holes and then seal them as the bees will reuse the holes each year.
If you believe you have some type of pest infestation, we seriously recommend you hire a pest control professional to treat any pest problems you may be faced with.
Brandon Pest Control offers you an effective program to control, manage, or eliminate pest problems from your home while protecting the safety of you, your family and your pets.
Schedule Your Free Inspection Today!
To schedule an appointment for a FREE inspection or service, just call 904-739-9916 or toll free 1-877-423-4453 or schedule online.